Whirlpool WPW10548509 Ice Machine Water Sensor
Replaces Part Numbers: W10548509, AP6022829, PS11756166, AH11756166, EAP11756166, 2313643, 2685046, AP5669052, EAP6447935, PS6447935.
- First disconnect the power to the unit.
- Unscrew the drain cap from the bottom of the reservoir and let the water drain out.
- Put a cloth to cover the drain hole in the ice storage bin.
- Remove the screw from the pump shield to pull it out and set it aside.
- The drain pump is attached to the bottom of the reservoir.
- Disconnect the drain pump wire harness from the connection plug above the recirculating water pump.
- Remove the 2 thumbscrews from the reservoir and pull the reservoir (with the drain pump attached) out of the ice maker.
- Remove the recirculating pump outlet tube.
- Remove the screws from the pump mounting bracket and pull the bracket down to access the wire harness connections for the pump.
- Disconnect the recirculating pump wire harness and the sensor wire harness from the connection plugs.
- Pull the pump – sensor and bracket out of the ice maker.
- Pry the water sensor out of the bracket.
- Snap the new water sensor into the bracket.
- Position the bracket and recirculating pump in the ice maker and plug in the wire harness connections for the pump and the sensor.
- Reinstall the bracket and secure it with the mounting screws.
- Reconnect the pump outlet tube to the recirculating water pump.
- Reinstall the reservoir and secure it with the 2 thumbscrews.
- Plug in the wire harness for the drain pump.
- Position the recirculating pump shield over the pump and reinstall the mounting screws in the shield.
- Reinstall the drain cap on the bottom of the reservoir.
- Remove the cloth that was used to cover the drain hole in the ice storage bin.
- Plug the ice maker back the wall outlet or reset the house circuit breaker to restore power.
- Now would be the perfect time to run the machine thru a cleaning cycle.
- Now it is all done and ready to start producing ice.