Whirlpool W10801996 Water Valve 2315509
Has 1/4 inch Threaded Water Inlet Port – 1/4 inch Threaded Water Outlet Port.
Replaces Part Numbers: 2315509, 2185758, 1194684, 2217311, AH1484636, AP3891150, EAP1484636, PS1484636, PS11703451, AP5982391, 4262717, 2185758, 2217311, W10245171, EAP11703451.
- First disconnect the power to the unit.
- Turn incoming water off to ice machine.
- Remove 2 screws in the lower access panel and the 2 screws from the base grille area of the front panel support.
- Pull forward to remove lower access panel.
- Locate water inlet valve on the left side.
- Unscrew water valve mounting bracket screws and gently pull valve forward.
- Put towel under valve area to catch leaking water from tubes when doing the replacement.
- Disconnect wire harness.
- Disconnect water inlet tubing by unscrewing nut.
- Disconnect water outlet tubing by unscrewing nut.
- Now put old valve aside and replace with new water valve.
- Attach inlet and outlet water tubes.
- Attach wire harness.
- Position water valve to install the mounting bracket screws.
- Turn water on and check for leaks.
- Install access panel and base grill.
- Reconnect the power to the unit.
- Now would be the perfect time to run the machine thru a cleaning cycle.
- Now it is all done and ready to start producing ice.
You can really do it yourself. Now sit back and get ready to enjoy your favorite drink with fresh ice.