Frequently Asked Questions
Here is where you find out amswers to some of your Frequently Asked Questions.
What payment methods exist in your company?
We Like the Convenience of using PayPal. Pay securely with your Visa , MasterCard , American Express or Discover Card through PayPal! (You Do Not Have To Sign Up For An Account With Them).
How do I track my order?
When an order is processed for shipping, You will be sent your order tracking information via the email address you gave with your order.
How to Reset Water Filter Indicator Lights?
We Dedicated a page just for this inquiry!
Just Click Here —-> Reset Filter Indicator Light
Do You Have Water Filter Repair Tips?
1) If your Refrigerator or RO System has an Indicator Light(a light which lets you know basically the status of the filter or filters-when to replace the filter-s), and it is Yellow, you should replace the filter(s) and flush the system. Do not wait untill the light turns Red. When you do, you will have to flush at least 2 gallons of water(sometimes up to 7 gallons) before you have clear-good tasting and smelling water.
2) If your water tastes bad, or has an odor to it, try flushing a gallon out of the system and checking the water again. If the water is still bad tasting or smelling-Replace the Water Filter(s).
3) Is your water flow rate real slow or slower than normal? If so, you need to check your filter ie: Date of last install(always put date of install on filter-usually an ink pen will write on the label of filter). If the filter has been in for at least 3 months, it is a good sign to try replaceing the filter.
4) If your flow rate is still not normal after changing the water filter, you would need to check the flow rate comming from your water source ie:(where the water line originates-under sink-behind the refrigerator-etc.). Water line tap valves are a good place to check because they get develop a build-up of lime and scale from the water.
5) If flow rate is good to the refrigerator, and the filter has been changed(or has less than 3 months of use), You would need to check your refrigerator water valve (See TroubleShooting Tips for Water Valves).
6) Tips for Reverse Osmosis Systems. Most people do not understand that the pre-filter(s) of a RO system require replaceing at least every 4 months. The post-filter(usually looks like a refrigerator in-line filter) should be changed each 6 months. The RO Membrane should be replaced Once A Year! If these scheduals are kept up, you will find your water quality much better.
Best Tarpon Fishing Guide - Boca Grande
Tarpon Fishing in Boca Grande, FL. is the best experience going.
Check Out The Fishing Guide – Captain Chuck’s Web Site.
Click —-> Catch Florida Tarpon
What are my shipping options?
We ship most of our orders via the United States Postal Service. Shipping Times are between 3 – 7 business days.
How do I find the filter I need?
To do a search for the correct water filter you need:
- You can enter your refrigerator model number OR filter part number in our site search located at the top right of our pages.
- You can call us via phone between 9am – noon Eastern Time at: 941-639-1978.
- You can email us with your model number and we will look it up for you.
How to Install My Refrigerator Filter?
We have added the Water Filter Replacement Instructions to the coinciding filter product pages.
How do I Troubleshoot my Ice Maker?
2 Types Of IceMakers:
(Modular Style) Whirlpool, Amana, Maytag and Kenmore (106.),(596.) Series Refrigerators, use the Modular Style Crescent Heat Release Ice Maker.
(Mechanical Style) U-Line, Frigidaire, Kenmore (253.Series) Refrigerators use the Mechanical Style Ice Maker. Also GE Before 2002.
Basically – How An Ice Maker Works:
When ice maker reaches 5 degrees, the thermostat opens and the ice maker motor starts turning. Then the heater turns on to loosen the cubes in the mold so they can eject. The ejector bar(rake) pushes the ice out of the mold. The heater turns off as the thermostat closes (due to the heat from the heater). Then the water solenoid valve is sent the signal to let water into the ice maker. This completes the batch as the motor stops. If any of these steps do not happen, you need to replace the ice maker.
Ice Maker Not Getting Water:
A. Make sure that the wire arm is all the way down.
B. Check to see if the water is turned on.
C. Check Water Filter (if equipped), to see if water flows thru the filter. If not, replace the Water Filter.
D. Check to see if the water inlet tube (in freezer) is plugged with ice. If so, Change Water Valve.
My Ice Cubes Are Hollow:
A. When the ice cubes are hollow, it usually means that the ice maker is not getting enough water. Check the Water Solenoid Valve and water supply going to the valve.
Do You Have Water Valve Repair Tips?
1. Check the water supply line (make sure that you are getting the proper water pressure to the water solenoid valve). Self tapping ‘Saddle Type Valves’ and or Under-Sink Reverse Osmosis Units can restrict the flow of water to the Refrigerator Water Solenoid Valve. Should be at least a full 1/4″ non-restricted flow at the water supply valve!
2. If the water inlet tube is frozen over with ice (not letting water pass into the ice maker), this is a sign of a leaking water valve. The water Solenoid Valve should be replaced.
3. Checking a Dual Water Valve: (Make sure the water inlet tube is clear!) Take the 2 wires from one solenoid and put them on the other solenoid and vice versa . Then put a glass to the door,(like you are getting water from the door) for 7-9 seconds. Then check the ice maker and see if water is in the ice maker. If no water is in the ice maker, change the water valve. (Don’t forget to put the wires back as they were).
What Say Our Clients!
I really like the new look RefrigeratorWaterFilters.com. Your site is still the lowest prices for OEM water filters. Keep up the awesome work.
I have been getting my filters from you guys since 2001 with no problems at all. Thank You for your quick service.
Wow, Has it been a year already? My how time flies. I received my 2pk and installed the first one. I will be back next year.