Amana WP12544001 Dual Ice & Water Valve (Primary)
Used for Side by Side Ice and Water Models That Also Use The 12544101 (Secondary) Water Valve.
Replaces Part Numbers: 12544001, AP6005462, PS11738511, EAP11738511, AH11738511, 12313401, 12313403, 12318901, R0000242, Y12445301, R0000242, 12313401, 12313403, 12445301, 12318901, AP4013715, Ah3007677, EAP2007677, PS2007677.
- Pull the refrigerator away from the wall far enough so you can access the water line connection and work on the back of the refrigerator. Place a towel under the water valve assembly to catch water.
- Unplug the refrigerator or shut off the circuit breaker for the refrigerator.
- Turn off the water supply to the refrigerator.
- Remove the screws that secure the service panel on the back of the refrigerator and remove the panel.
- Remove the screw(s) that secures the mounting bracket to the frame of the refrigerator.
- Pull water valve out of refrigerator cavity.
- Disconnect each wire harness at each solenoid of valve (Keeping note where each one goes).
- Disconnect water supply at valve by unscrewing compression nut.
- Disconnect water tube connecting to outlet port.
- Now to install water valve.
- Connect water supply line tighten nut until snug.
- Next connect water outlet tube and tighten nut until snug.
- Attach wire harness leads to their respective solenoid coils.
- Insert water valve into refrigerator cavity and attach water valve mounting bracket screw(s).
- Turn water on and check for leaks.
- Take a glass & run about a quart of water thru the front dispenser to flush out air that is in the system.
- When all is good, attach back cover and slide refrigerator back into place.
- Now it’s all done and ready to make ice & deliver clean water.
You can really do it yourself without having to pay for a repairman for such a simple task.