Compatible Fit For Whirlpool 2198597 Ice Maker Replacement
This Universal Brand 2198597 Ice Maker Assembly is an approved replacement ice maker for your refrigerator.
Comes with a One Year Warranty!
This New Upper Front Mount Ice Maker produces 8-cubes per batch and is for 25cf – 27cf Models with ice bucket in the freezer door. This style ice maker has a specially designed Ice Stripper that allows the ice to slide from the ice maker into the ice container that is located directly in the freezer door.
Replaces Part Numbers: 2198597, 2198678, 1016069, AH869316, AP3182733, EAP869316, PS869316, 626663, W10122502, 106 W10190960.
Installing the Universal Brand 2198597 Ice Maker
- Turn off the power supply to the ice maker by pushing the switch (located on the wall just below the ice maker) to the off position.
- Carefully remove the ice maker cover door by pushing the left bracket to the left from the top.
- To remove the wire cover, remove the one screw from the upper right rear of ice maker area.
- Then slide out your ice maker as you hold in the locking tab on the left side of the mounting bracket area.
- Remove the ice maker by unplugging the unit on the right and place on a table or workbench.
- Then flip the ice maker to remove the screws that hold the bottom mounting tray.
- Now use the same screws to fit the new ice maker to the mounting tray (bracket) and follow the above steps in reverse order to install new ice maker.
- Now simply switch on the ice maker and wait for some ice.