Compatible WP2188542 Dual Ice & Water Valve
Has 1/4 inch threaded inlet port with 1/4 inch & 5/16 inch Threaded outlet ports.
Replaces Part Numbers: 2188542, AP6006054, PS11739118, AH11739118, EAP11739118, 2155062, 2181706, 2181707, 2181729, 2181730, 2181731, AP3085178, AH328747, EAP328747, PS328747, 2181926, 2181927, 2182106, 2188676.
- Pull the refrigerator away from the wall far enough so you can access the water line connection and work on the back of the refrigerator. Place a towel under the water valve assembly to catch water.
- Unplug the refrigerator or shut off the circuit breaker for the refrigerator.
- Turn off the water supply to the refrigerator.
- Remove the screws that secure the service panel on the back of the refrigerator and remove the panel.
- Remove the screw(s) that secures the mounting bracket to the frame of the refrigerator.
- Pull water valve out of refrigerator cavity.
- Disconnect each wire harness at each solenoid of valve (Keeping note where each one goes).
- Disconnect water supply at valve by unscrewing compression nut.
- Disconnect water outlet tubes by unscrewing each nylon nut where they connect into old valve (Keeping note where each one goes).
- Now to install water valve.
- Connect water supply line – tighten nut until snug.
- Next connect water tubes respectively and tighten nuts until snug.
- Attach wire harness leads to their respective solenoid coils.
- Insert water valve into refrigerator cavity and attach water valve mounting bracket screw(s).
- Turn water on and check for leaks.
- Take a glass & run about a quart of water thru the front dispenser to flush out air that is in the system.
- When all is good, attach back cover and slide refrigerator back into place.
- Now it is all done and ready to make ice & deliver clean water.
Follow these simple steps of installation and you can really do it yourself without having to pay for a mechanic for such a simple task.